1. The Bergen Tennis Club website is open all year round and shall be used to schedule matches and to share results.
2. All matches arranged via the website shall be played on public courts. The arrangements shall be posted in the Schedule before matches begin.
3. All matches arranged via the website shall be arranged by members only. The club does not take responsibility for who play these matches. It's up to members to decide, arrange, and notify others via our website.
4. Each match shall be played to the best of 2 sets (the player needs to win 2 sets to win the match, possible results are (2:0, 2:1). The tie breaker shall be played when the score reaches six games all in any set of the match. Game and set is won by the player who first wins 7 points by margin of at least 2 points. Games must continue until the margin is achieved. Possible results in tie-break are (7:0, 7:1, 7:2, 7:3, 7:4, 7:5, 8:6, 10:8, 11:9 etc.)
5. When match is finished and was marked as "challenge", the winner has right to post the score on the Scoreboard. The scoreboard is for the website statistics. The scoreboard does not create a ranking system.
6. Players are free to choose whomever they wish to play. There is no obligation to play any particular member. However if the scheduling player chooses "looking for a player" from the website menu, he or she must accept any member who wishes to play this game.
7. Players are free to play multiple matches. If multiple matches have been played on the same date with the same member, then only one match score qualifies for the scoreboard entry. If multiple matches have been played with different members on the same date then all scores qualify for the scoreboard entry.
8. Matches that are not scheduled, or not played accordingly with the Schedule, cannot be entered! All scoreboard entries not previously scheduled will be deleted.
9. Because all matches are being played without an umpire "The Code" - USTA guide for unofficial matches should be followed. In case of unfriendly behavior or a lack of the sportsmanship described in The Code please e-mail email@example.com
10. If any member gets sick, injured, or anything else happen and make him unavailable for the scheduled game he or she should call his playing party first. Then, if the unavailability continues for a longer time he or she should post a short message in their player profile to notify others.
11. All profiles require a photo ID. You have 30 days after registration to send your photo ID to firstname.lastname@example.org. All profiles without ID will be marked inactive after this period until you provide your photo.
How to schedule your match or practice
1. Register to the website (It’s free!)
2. Log in
3. Click on the Schedule page and choose singles or doubles.
4. Fill the form ; date/time/location/player 1 (your name) /player 2 (choose "looking for player")
5. Choose your preferred notification method, email or cell phone.
6. Click on “submit” button - and you're done!
The system will send automated e-mail to all members in the club.
When match is finished the winner has right to post the score in the Scoreboard.
Good luck and have fun !!!